Thursday, March 8, 2012

My light is brilliant.

It's been a minute since I bought new clothes and since I've been gaining weight, growing older and apparently still growing taller, slowly but surely, I'm beginning to update my closet. It's always when I'm broke I find clothes I like...just my luck.

 Shoes. I like wedges, cause I don't feel like I'm going to fall and twist my ankle. They feel a lot more stable and comfortable to me. I particularly like these ones I bought from Forever 21. Like I'm sure all women do, I try to find pieces that are versatile and timeless, cause those are the pieces that last the longest in your closet.
 These shoes are like Oxfords on steroids. Simple and classic.
 I'm glad that I don't look so brown/Filipino to the point where this top looks like a Barong Tagalog. That didn't stop someone from calling me, "Manang" though -_____-

I decided to go with white since I keep buying black clothes, gotta change it up. Love the detail of lace...it's a bit long in the back, it reminds me of a tuxedo jacket tail and the fabric is the right amount of thin, very breathable.

 Finally own a top with a Peter Pan collar! This top is kind of see-through, probably going to have to wear this with a tank top or something. Yay for spades.


 I don't know if you noticed but all the tops I bought were sleeveless haha. I like how see-through these tops are, I don't have to show bare skin and it's provocative enough to not be conservative.
Who doesn't love lace?

Funny story with this corset. I walked into Charlotte Russe with the intention of just looking at their shoes because their clothes aren't really my style. I came across a table filled with corsets, and I laughed to myself looking at them because they looked tacky to me. I found this leather (or I guess pleather) corset and it reminded me of a motorcycle jacket. I had time to burn so I thought to myself, why the hell not? I tried it on and was actually surprised. I ended up buying it, my mom said I looked like a super hero, some people said I looked like a dominatrix. I have no idea where or when I'm going to wear it, I'm glad I was wearing my black skinny jeans so it matched. I guess you could say it was my wildcard purchase ;)

Alright enough with the girly stuff. Lots of big plans for my alter-ego (haha) RUDIFIED. Definitely more events, more photos, just more activities this upcoming summer. I finally decided to recode and redesign my website but for now it'll be put on the back burner until I do my other client's websites. I do have a lot of projects and gigs on my plate right now, I really wish I could have an assistant or something. My boss made a funny comment saying that he wished there were clones of me...damn it, me too. 

Last weekend, the opening of Red Bull Music Academy Photo Exhibit happened at In4mation's Human Imagination. I was asked by the beautiful Ara Laylo, to showcase some photos I have taken of Hawaii hip-hop acts. It was very surreal, I was featured in the gallery with the big hitters and photographers that I admire. Friends and family came to support me, gave me leis, sadly no haku's :( 

Although this was a huge achievement for me since I've been wanting to have my work in Human Imagination, it is definitely motivation for me to create more and I really do have a long way to go. As long as I have an open-mind and being passionate, I think I'll be good. The gallery will be up till the end of the month. Please check it out!

I'm at that point where I don't really mind if I don't get to be a creative director of a magazine or not end up in the magazine publication industry. I'm learning that I have lots of options of what path way I want to take as far as my career goes and I'm confident that I'd be happy in any one I choose. They're all definitely within the communication/multimedia field, so my degree won't go to waste. All I know is that I don't want to do just one thing, I want to engage/create/interact in multimedia.

Although I do not know what my future will be like, I do know that my future is looking very bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment