Sunday, February 26, 2012

Inspire.

We're quick to get absorbed in the hustle and bustle of life so it's always nice to do something that made you fall in love with a certain hobby or activity in the first place. I feel like it reminds yourself to breathe, stop, and just take in everything.

February practically flew by and today is the first day in awhile where I can catch up with things. I've been shooting every week for work, and yes at times it wears me down, but then there's certain events and photo shoots like this past weekend that just re-inspires me to create.

A friend of mine, Amber, who is also a photographer, brought her team over to my house to do a Victorian-style photo shoot. She let me sneak in a couple of shots and here are some of them...





Been wanting to do this shoot for awhile so it was awesome to finally execute it. Both models had such piercing eyes and the dresses by Reva Canali were just beautiful and matched the vision perfectly.

We moved a lot of furniture around, good thing my mom wasn't home otherwise she probably would have been freaking out since the furniture is old and fragile. I'm glad I can say I have a in-house studio, courtesy of my mom's furniture.

Since I wasn't the photographer for the photo shoot, I didn't want to get in the way of Amber. I think cooperation with other photographers who are on the same photo shoot as you is so vital. I hate when there's tension, I love it when photographers are open to suggestions. Amber is just that, open-minded and you don't feel that pressure at all. I'm definitely excited to work with her in the future. Here are some of her photos from the shoot.

Another event I took part in last night was Come Full Circle, created by Joel Albanez.








All the OG's were there, the ones who have been in Hawaii hip-hop for a long time and were still doing it. With the bboy cypher, open mic, the vinyl the MPCs, the music, the art...I just felt so fortunate to be a part of the building and celebration of what I felt was hip-hop culture. Thanks so much to Joel for creating this event!

I feel like more than ever, I want to create things. Now to actually do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment