Why hello.
Last weekend was an adventure. Sunday, I was invited to go to a BBQ with my friends and it was also the day I joined Universal Zulu Nation (if you don't know what it is, please Google it!) as of right now, I'm the only girl in the Honolulu chapter so it's pretty awesome because it feels like I have a bunch of brothers :) I'm excited to learn and gain more knowledge about hip-hop and give back through hip-hop.
To celebrate and to play hooky from school, I called up Kristen (who finally got her own domain FINALLY) to hang out since we hadn't hung out in a long time. 808SPEAKERBOX has taken up most of our conversations so it was nice to take a nice little break from it and enjoy each other's company and catch up. Hanging out with her makes me miss summer, when we didn't have so much things to do and we could call up each other any day at any time to hang out. It took us the whole day going into the night to enjoy each other's company and it just made me miss her more. We did the whole girly thing and also visited Stussy where they had these bad ass Reyn Spooner vintage aloha shirts and this awesome bike.
I really want a bike. I feel like I'm a little girl again, hoping that someone will buy me a bike for Christmas. The more I want it, the more I see it around. Such a damn tease. I'm hoping to get one soon!
I've been using the film Canon any chance I get (or let's just say when I feel like carrying that big thing around). Last week I used BW film again and the green hues are starting to grow on me. I hadn't taken photos at night so I brought it with me to Loft In Space's KRINK art opening.
My favorite!
When I was taking photos, I was bummed because the walls were so filled with color and I only had the BW roll with me but it ended up working out in the end. I absolutely love how eerie they look and how it doesn't give the whole idea of the walls away. Like it shows just enough to make you curious and want to go check it out (at Fresh Cafe till Dec.9th!)
Today, I was supposed to return the 1N but ended up extending it for another week. That's a whole month with this bad boy. Gotta make the last roll count <3
Last night I went to hit up Manifest to see the skate deck gallery "ON BOARD." It makes me wish that I could draw. I can't draw for jack shit except for milkshakes and cheeseburgers. A lot of the decks were absolutely breath-taking and I think the highest bid I saw was $300 but I'm sure there were more that were higher. Makes you realize what can be accomplished when you get a bunch of talented and creative people onto a project.
ThomasOhhh being silly.
Babygirl and I
<3
Special mahalos to Keany for the photos
I'm so happy that my friends and I, despite our busy schedules and school, were able to actually go to an event together. This is a once a year kind of thing sadly but hopefully we'll change that with barbaquois.
Last night just had a lot of fun activities going on. Ill Hill Society performed at SHAKE+POP, which was a first for the event. I was very proud of my boys, I knew they were going to tear that shit down. I don't have much photos because I was too busy dancing and trying to out-cheehuu Philip.
I feel like this is just the beginning.
















No comments:
Post a Comment