So in my last post I was raving about the Canon EOS-1N I had rented from the awesome people from Hawaii Photo Rental. I sped through my first roll of film and got them developed today at Longs Drugs because I didn't want to wait. I got prints and then the images on a CD, and it pretty much costed me nine bucks. Small kine pricey, should've waited! I've got a couple of suggestions like Photoplant and even Sams Club so we'll see :)
At first I was scared that I wasn't doing anything correctly and had this toy camera mentality of just taking photos of whatever and hoping for the best. But after seeing the results, apparently I was doing something right and it's great to be finally using a full-frame camera that fulfills my prime's potential :) (50mm=50mm!!!)
I'm stoked with how they came out and I'm pretty much in love with this camera. After I return it, I think my next purchase is definitely going to be an EOS SLR.
I didn't mind the green/blue tints on the other photos so much but when it came to my mom (the last photo), I changed it to grayscale and I was more satisfied afterward. When I showed it to her, the first thing she said was, "I look old!" and I replied with, "YOU ARE OLD!" but she admitted she liked it. I kind of want to blow this up and put it on my wall. I'm so used to seeing my mom angry or irritated so it's nice to see her smile once awhile and to actually capture it...it's even better.
This week I'll be shooting in color 400 ISO film that I found laying around in my room. In my last post, the very talented film photographer Aaron Van Bokhoven, noted that the film I was using wasn't truely bw and I see that now with these photos developed. I also just noticed while exploring Hawaii Photo Rental's website that he developed it! Amazing.
I'm still debating if I'm going to get more film because I only have this camera for two weeks. I'm also debating if I should use it while I can for this double-truck dedicated to The New York Times' photographer Bill Cunningham I'm doing in the Kalamalama. We'll see how busy I'll get.
This past weekend was crazy. With Halloween in full effect (for what it seemed like TWO WEEKS), I had a handful of assignments so I got to see a lot of people's costumes. Here's my Honolulu Pulse photo gallery at Nextdoor.
Another crazy week is ahead of me and I'm pretty sure it's going to continue being this way until January. I so excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment