Austin of Hawaii Photo Rental set me up with a Canon EOS-1N, which was super fat and heavy but you know that it did work, son. Being the n00b that I was, I had to ask how to work it and after realizing I had all these credits and also $5 off from Yelp, I got to rent this bad boy for less than $25 for two weeks. I knew I wouldn't be able to finish a roll and fully enjoy the camera if I had just rented it for a week, so it worked out perfectly, like the photo gods wanted me to go forth on this mission.
Hello hello, lovely. Thomas suggested I pick up B&W film from Longs Drugs (cause apparently they're the only ones that have it now?) so I picked up two rolls just in case I fucked up on the first one (classic Riana). Being the excited little girl that I was, I tore throw the film box so that I could load up my first roll, but I'm pretty sure Thomas was thinking, "Slow your roll." since I wanted it, NAO. I'm happy to report that I'm already shooting with it and took it with me to the boneyard with my family. It was pretty sunny on that side so I'm excited to see how the photos will come out in B&W. I will admit, I kept checking the camera back thinking I could see the photo I just took. It's film, you fool!
Wasn't really stoked for Halloween this year, I don't know if it was necessary to drag it out for a whole week. I'm sure when I was younger, I would have been ridiculously happy but it sucks that I don't view Halloween in the same positive light any more. I miss dressing up just to show off my costume, creating strategies to get more candy by wearing multiple costumes and then thinking about all the candy I would get. I hope kids still have that feeling when Halloween comes around. When you grow up it's just not the same.
Tomorrow's Halloween and I'm not sure if anyone is going to dress up tomorrow because I feel like this weekend burnt them out already.
Last night before I left for assignment, I took photos of our puppies. I usually do this to document them growing up.
Nobody likes the haole puppy, so I named him Haole Boy. He's pretty much my favorite and the most photogenic out of the three puppies. They're all very adorable and I can't wait till they're running around out of their cage.
My Shi-Shi Girl is growing up <3


Imageworks, who is partnered with Hawaii Photo Rental(they share the same store), sells almost all BW's being made right now. Longs sells just Kodak BW and I don't even know if they sell traditional BW anymore. Your friend might have suggested it because Longs does sell the Kodak C-41 color process BW which lets you develop it in color chems, which Longs does. Whereas traditional BW film you have to develop yourself with BW chems.
ReplyDeleteaaronvb
Yeah, the first time I went there I didn't realize they shared a space and I thought it was just Imageworks. I've never developed a photo in my life and since it was my first time with a film SLR, it seemed easier. I do want to try some day though. Thanks for the info.
ReplyDeleteDude, no need rent. Older 35mm rebel bodies go for around $10-$20 on ebay.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't a huge dent in my pocket, and I wanted to see if it was something I wanted to do before fully committing to it and going into it blindly :p
ReplyDelete