Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Instill.

It's been a minute since I wrote a blog post and why do I feel like I keep saying that every time I write a new blog post? Ever since I started that whole no white rice/no soda ordeal, I've lost about 7lbs, been drinking more water, and been trying to sleep at a more reasonable hour. I feel better, I wake up at a sensible hour and I just feel less grumpy, which is nice.

I'm still trying to get into the groove of balancing everything. I guess right now I'm just looking for consistency and stability.

I've been shooting a lot, and I've been trying to shoot for myself once a week so that I can keep that balance between work and fun.





Rocky Rivera paid a visit to the islands and I've always admired her. I was super intimidated this night because there were more photographers than I thought there would be and also because I know their work was amazing. I tried to just focus on my photos and I'm still pretty happy with how they came out. I really dislike The Loft's lighting set up because it just makes everyone super red and pink. The only way to really work with the lighting is to mess with it in Photoshop. I only added effects to maybe three images and the rest of them I just tweaked here and there. I usually don't apply any kind of filters or effects to my event photography but because I love Rocky Rivera's style, I knew she'd appreciate it.

Recently she DMed me on Twitter asking me to use my photos for her press kit and to work with her when she comes back to the 808. I'm very honored and I know it's kind of geeky but I already know what kind of shots I want to do with her :)

This past Friday was absolutely crazy. I had a photo shoot to do at school and then three shoots that night. I hardly ever go to the Hawaii Loa campus so it was kind of cool being on that side. I keep forgetting how green it is over there. Luckily I got the photos I needed before it started pouring. Now I remember why I don't have class on that campus.

Later that evening Christa hired me to take photos at her Disarrono party. It was really classy, there was a harp player who played Stairway To Heaven. Lance also showed up which gave us a chance to talk story (after I was pau working of course). Pretty much after that I was running back and forth between NextDoor & SOHO because I was doing two assignments for Honolulu Pulse, myself and Contrast Mag.




9th Wonder. Must I say more?

After an intense weekend, I got the chance to unwind and eat lunch with ThomasOhhh, something we hadn't done for awhile. We visited Marukame Udon in Waikiki (where the old Jack In The Box used to be) and damn. It is now one of my favorite places.





Cheap. Affordable. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment