"Soft Shock" by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Jeez where do I even begin? It truly has been a soft shock this week. We started school on Tuesday and I was already in for a full day. On top of that we had a newspaper meeting and I also had to figure my graduation situation (that rhymed).
Where do I even begin with the whole graduation thing? I think I stressed it enough that I was supposed to graduate in December but after trying almost every possible way of graduating by then...it proved to be a loss. My school has been hitting me with obstacles ever since I wanted to graduate last spring (when I was supposed to graduate). A lot of things were conflicting and things that I thought were possible turned out to be IMpossible so it hurts my pride very much by saying this but my only option is to graduate next spring. It made a lot of sense and it sounded a lot better than killing myself this semester with six classes.
Today I dropped one class so I'll be taking four during the semester so that I can still remain full-time and then taking the required two classes (including my direct study) and two other electives next semester. The newspaper is still a huge priority so I'll also be dedicating a lot of time into that this and next spring.
School and I have such a bitter-sweet relationship. I love learning and I love education, but I really dislike the institute itself. Sometimes I wish I went to New York and went to college with a better photojournalism curriculum but of course I shake that thought out of my head because I wouldn't have met the people I met, experienced things, etc. I'm not saying I regret my experiences, I just wish there was a better photojournalism program in Hawaii -_-
So far, most of my classes seem fine. I'm mostly excited about my Persuasion class...something about deconstructing concepts/campaigns/strategies definitely has me interested. I just finished rewatching all the seasons of Mad Men, which of course, is always inspiring.
I feel somewhat relieved that I'm taking some (a little, but something nonetheless) off my load for school. I'll still be busy of course but I just hope that I don't have a break down or some shit. Riana stressed is not a good look. Yeah I just referred to myself in the first person.
I went to Mish Mash Shop in Chinatown a couple of times last week. I found a Canon Demi EE28, which basically takes half-shots. It's super cool, you can mess with the aperture. I'm bummed because I accidentally tore my whole roll of film when I was rewinding it. Damn it, I got some good shots in there too...I think. Good thing it takes 35mm film.
Here are more shots I took at Mish Mash:
I got to talking with the owner and one of the ArtAndFlea coordinators/founders, Nicole Franco. It's always refreshing to hear about how someone actually applied their desires to reality (I say desires because it seems more realistic that way). She's traveled a great deal and it gave me the itch to go on a trip (I know...again. Refer to my attraversiamo post). I will be visiting this store often, she has lots of 1940s-1950s dresses, which I adore.
I finally updated my 365 photo album on Facebook. I can't believe I procrastinated a month but finally it's all recent. If you're my Facebook friend, check it out. There are some great finds in there :)
I've been getting bitten by bed bugs lately and it's been so fucking irritating. I keep waking up with new bites all over my body and last night I got so fed up with it. I ended up checking my mattress for the bugs at 2 a.m. (I'm usually awake during this time so me sleeping was GOLDEN) I couldn't find anything so I just removed my comforter and pretty much had the hibby jibbies all night thinking they were crawling on me.
Tonight I actually steamed my mattress, my box frame, the rugs, the curtains, chairs, etc. I want to kill those fuckers. I found one skinny bug hanging out on my curtain then I found one on my rug. I don't know if they were da fakas that were biting me but I squeezed them till they died. I hope that'll take care of the problem for now.
BAH LIKE DIE!?


No comments:
Post a Comment