I've gotten through the first week of school and my face has already broken out from stress. Certainly a side effect I do NOT like.
This weekend, I was asked to do a couple of assignments for Honolulu Pulse. For some of my close friends, you know that I've been trying to shoot photos for them and now I can say that I have :) I don't know if this is going to be a constant thing but Gary Chun did say, "...welcome to the Honolulu Pulse freelance crew." We'll see how it goes :)
My first assignment was shooting the Godsmack show. There were a few security precautions but I finally got in!
It was really surreal shooting at Blaisdell's Concert Hall. It was my first time actually taking photos there so I was kind of starstruck and just basically tripping out. I never would have thought that I would be taking photos at Blaisdell. For most it would seem not a big deal but it was a huge deal to me because it delivered as a capstone in my career, so far ;)
The next night was the long-awaited Little Dragon show.
It was truly an amazing performance. AND it was the most difficult show to take photos at. I'm very familiar with the venue and the lighting but there was SO MUCH PEOPLE. A lot of them were very stubborn about moving for people to take photos (the door ticket price was $60, now you know why) I didn't want to jump on stage because Yukimi was all over the place dancing and I didn't want to intrude. Luckily Ara of Clones Of The Queen gave me her standing spot to grab a couple of shots of her. I think the last shot was 'the' shot. Attending their show just made me love them more.
Production is this week and it's going to be crazy. I guess it's time to mentally prepare for it -_-












Congratulations on the assignment. You did a great job. Theyre lucky to have you.
ReplyDeleteSo AMAZING!!! I'm so jealous you got to see Little Dragon! So so jealous. Haha. Anyway, congrats girl! You definitely deserve it!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations babycakes! You definitely deserve everything that comes your way!
ReplyDelete