Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer is officially over...

This will be my last summer post :(

It's been a very eventful summer and I can't believe how much progress I've made ever since school finished. It was definitely not a summer vacation but it was a summer I would never forget.

I remember telling Kristen of Sweet Lychee Productions that this was our summer and it truly was. Now I feel like it's our time.

A lot of stuff has been happening and we are still figuring out our details for our event, 808 SPEAKERBOX. I seriously give props to event planners, this shit is difficult. Luckily Kristen and I are usually on the same page and whenever one of us isn't, we always push each other. I'm excited for this partnership :)

Recently Christa of supercw wrote an article about us and our event in the Honolulu Weekly


Super stoked, thanks again Christa. I practically shrieked when I saw the article!

Okay, now to go over the weekend...

On Saturday was the Estria Invitational Graffiti Battle. It was a huge event featuring artists from Hawaii, great vibes, and of course hip-hop. I really loved this event, it was fun walking around and there were so many things to see.





The turnout was pretty massive, despite the super hot weather.

Sunday was the Bacardi Pool Party and it was my first time actually attending. I got to hang out with the Contrast gang and I must say, Christa sure knows how to put on a pool party. After I finished taking photos and some video, I ended up drinking (thanks Jonas) and got this super gnarly headache afterward.






After the pool party, I went home to take a nap because of the headache and was woken up later by Nicole and Thomas who were at Rumor's. I finally got a ride and headed down to Rumors. We got to eat and I hydrated myself by drinking lots of water so that I would feel better by the time I had to take photos at NextDoorHNL later that night.

The Got Rice Fest and Bone's birthday had a stacked set-list and by the time I got there, Bone was already all buss. Figures, he was the birthday boy!

 Birthday boy!




It was overall a huge weekend for Hawaii hip-hop and I'm proud to say that I am a part of the scene.

I started out this blog just for summer but I think I'm going to transition it into my regular blog. It's been really helping me document my progress. So if you don't mind...

1 comment:

  1. what a way to end the summer. please dont stop just because summer is over. cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete