Saturday, September 24, 2011

Purge.


purge verb (according to dictionary.com)

1. to rid of whatever is impure or undesirable; cleanse; purify.

I think starting today I need to do a lot of purging.

Lately I've been losing my things: my sunglasses (very expensive), my wallet (even worse), some of my pride...and I spent this morning just dwelling over it, 'crying over spilled milk' just trying to find these things and thinking about how horrible I felt about misplacing them. Then I saw this:


I don't want to be a pessimist or an optimist and it sucks because I find myself being a pessimist...always. It hit me that I need to make more of an effort to be a realist, to adapt to situations and not to just "complain about the wind."


With such a full plate, it's easy to lose sight of my priorities and today was the first time I actually just sat down and breathed, even though it was for a brief moment. I need to purge: get rid of undesirable things in my diet, perspective, and life so that I have room to add desirable things.


Since I can't list things (I love lists) I want to purge in my perspective and life just yet, I have my diet list set.
I love food. I especially love soda and rice. Most of my closest friends know that I have a very difficult time cutting down on soda. I'd love to be more healthy and fit without having to exercise and diet but that's unrealistic. Even if you take diet pills you still have to exercise and eat better.

Since school started, I've been binge eating a lot. Most people say, "That's normal, everyone does that," but what's normal isn't always right. I always feed into my cravings even though I'm already full. It's stupid and illogical but somehow my cravings always win and I give in. It's also dumb that I'm typing about how I should eat better and I'm eating a burger from Wendy's and drinking soda at the same time. Hey, at least it's Diet Pepsi.

Readjustments are in order. I know I can't just cut soda cold turkey but the least I can do is switch to diet sodas/brown rice or cut down on it.
  • Drink diet sodas instead of regular.
  • If I do drink soda, I should only limit myself to 4 cans a week (7 days) and then continue to cut down from that. (I wasn't fucking around when I said I drink a lot of soda)
  • MORE WATER!!!
  • One cup of rice! That's it!
As far as exercise goes, I really need to bring it back into my routine again. Ever since school started and I picked up another job, I've been putting it on hold. 
  • Gym 3-4 times a week!
  • Take stairs. No elevators. (Unless I have lots of things to carry)
I already know walking up to the newsroom is gonna be a bitch -_-
With this whole purge thing, I decided to start a video series so that I can document it and see/hear I guess, development.
This was actually really embarrassing for me...and I feel like I'm just blabbing. You can hear my mom in the background too -_-

1 comment:

  1. aw ri!! i miss your face (:
    i'm proud of you trynna kick your soda habit!

    ReplyDelete