Tuesday, August 16, 2011

#tryingfobefitgirlstatus



Kimie Miner

 Shanny & I


 K-Luv with Sample

This past weekend there were a lot of activities going on (why do I feel like I say this every time I post something?). There was the First Lady Expo, K-Luv & Pro's Music Video Release/Farewell party and the Come Pley With Yelp! event.

I was feeling under the weather at the First Lady Expo, I had been sneezing the whole night and of course my throat started feeling super scratchy. Woke up the next day with a cold, makes me realize that I need to start taking multi-vitamins again if I want to avoid being sick during the school semester. Especially with everything going on, I can't afford to get sick. Sucked it up, took Dayquil and headed down to Ong King for K-Luv. It was a pretty stacked set list with performances by Ill Hill Society, Prie, K-Luv & Pro themselves, Sample, and more. Got to try kava for the first time ($5 all you can drink), not really my kind of drink...it honestly tasted like dirty water (perfect description Chuco) but apparently it gets you super buss.

After the party, went to Liliha Bakery and binged on Portuguese sausage (and another side order please), bread, and a waffle. Just a waffle. Fuckin' forget pancakes, I will always order waffles now. It was hot and crispy and just super amazing. Great food and great company, the only way I'll have it.

The next day, all the foodies on the island headed to the Hawaii Children's Discovery Center. This place is awesome. It was fun pretending to be a kid again, running around pretending to be a grocer, a judge, and all these other fun stuff. They even had a fire station replica with manini beds upstairs. I love this place.
 Photo cred to Shutterbug <3


 Camille's Pecan Pie mmmm


 Artsy fartsy

We weren't fucking around with the gavels.


Headed to Waimea Bay for Shannon's last week back home. We actually scored parking in the main lot. We were super fucking lucky. I can't remember if we've ever scored parking there without having to walk super far. Instead of taking a photo of the beach I decided to take a photo of my feet & my toesies.

Treaded water for awhile, just made me realize how out of shape I am, and suddenly Shannon and I just dived into this long conversation about our fitness. I've never wanted to be skinny and I've never wanted to be fat, but especially this summer, I've been eating so much and working out inconsistently. We also got into this sentimental conversation about our friendship, this girl has been my best friend since high school and it's crazy to think how long it has been. Makes me appreciate our bond.

Went to the gym with Nicole, Thomas and my brother. Haven't gone in awhile, I'm surprised I was down to go. Did a bunch of cardio and cooled down (or got heated) in the hot tub. Apparently my brother is deactivating my account till Sept. so I have to 'prove' that I'm going to use it. Fair enough. I'm hoping I'll stick to some sort of plan when school starts.

On that note, I've decided to try go a week without soda. I guess this is my 'self-proclamation' and if I do this,  I'll probably try go longer than a week. I want to try to get more fit, and get rid of this pooch. It'll be very difficult because I do love food and I do love not working out. Deadly combo.

Let's see how long this will go.

1 comment: