Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Feeling Thrifty

This past Saturday, my best friends and I made a plan to go thrift store shopping. During the week, I had already made a list of thrift stores I wanted to hit up so this came in handy :) unfortunately, Nicole couldn't make it so it was just me and Thomas.

After eating breakfast at McDonald's (by the way, house coffee from there is actually pretty good), we headed to Goodwill on Beretania St. Since we were looking for Harajuku costumes to wear for the Yelp Elite event on Wednesday, we had a particular look in mind. I found a polka-dotted teal dress for $4 and Thomas found a shit ton of aloha shirts. I have a new found love for aloha shirts, especially the brand ONO. The designs were your nontraditional aloha print and the colors weren't very loud, instead they were tasteful. I really want to start wearing aloha shirts now.





Found this hot pink Emporio Armani blazer with shoulder pads. My mom would have loved this.




There's this boutique section that has wedding dresses, trench coats, etc. I don't think I like the idea of people selling their wedding dresses. I mean, I know you only wear it once but it's like...what if the person had a bad marriage and the bad luck will get passed on to you? Kind of like how they say never to walk in someone else's shoes but their vibes will go to you. I get pretty damn superstitious sometimes.



Loved the detail of this wedding dress though.




Sometimes I wish I visited somewhere super cold to the point where I had to use a trench coat/coat. I can't wait till I move to the city.

Apparently there was a whole downstairs section that I didn't know about. It's like a gold mine down there.







I still really want a record player so that I can be all ol' school and lie down on my bed while listening to vinyl with my feet up in the air thinking about boyz.

We went to another thrift shop where I scored a Auto Chinon 35mm for $4. It came with a cute little bag with a strap. Sad thing is that there's a little fungus in it so hopefully I can get that shit out and I also have an adapter. Hopefully I can use it! 

I seriously have a new appreciation for thrift shopping. Can't wait to go to the other places on my list.

Went through a massive clean out of my closet today. I have a lot of clothes that I don't use because I grew out of them or I'm just being a hoarder, having a personal attachment to all of it. I finally cleaned it out and did some damage, 3 trash bags to donate. Feels good, almost like a clean slate. 

2 comments:

  1. love the attention to detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveeee this entry and the pictures, i am coming thrift store shopping with you next time :]

    ReplyDelete