Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Indulge.

Let's just say I've been indulging a lot lately. This past week, I've been eating at many places, both old and new. Some have been with the Foodies, and others have been with family and friends. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm trying to sulk in the last month of summer until I go back to school for my last semester of college.

It's still hard to believe that it's my last semester. I'm supposedly set to graduate in December 2011 but this class that I'm supposed to take is making it incredibly hard for me to do so. My teacher has been MIA for the whole summer and he's the deciding factor in whether or not I graduate. What's the point in setting office hours if you're not going to be in your office!? I need to do a direct-study with him and it's the only way I can graduate on time. Fuckin' A. I hope it all works out.

I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and join in on the Yelp 365 Challenge. One review for every day of the year. I've gotten off to a good start but I feel like I'll change that opinion once school starts. I don't know what's wrong with me, I've been on this mediocre food rampage where every new place I've tried hasn't impressed me at all. I guess it's part of the whole trial and error process or maybe a realization that I should stick with the staples.

Here are some photos from my last couple of food adventures:

 Dim Sum at the Royal Garden


 Red Velvet Waffles from Yogurstory

 Liliha Bakery coffee & butter rolls are forever <3
 Octopus salad from July's apartm3nt Munch

 Pan-fried chicken with sourdough bread from apartm3nt's Munch

 BajaStyleHI's trifecta

Grandma G's Garlic Furikake Ahi from Eat The Street

Alright enough of food porn. I've been itching to go buy clothes lately and it sucks that I can't really do that since I'm broke and have no income. I hate that when I'm broke, that's when I crave clothes the most. I've been trying to become more creative with the clothes I have now (if you read my last post I went crazy in my closet, basically taking out a lot of stuff).

 Outfit for Day 1 of No Suck Fest
Cardigan: GAP, Top: F21, Pants: Bullhead, Shoes: Aldo

My best interpretation of "Harajuku" gothic lolita for the Yelp event (look how rosy my cheeks are!)
Headband: F21, Dress: Goodwill, Tights: Club Monaco, Boots: F21
Bag: Urban Outfitters, Watch: Yelp, Ring: Artlines

I really like this outfit. At one point was heavily considering tattooing these on the backs of my legs but then I thought about how many other girls out there have these :(


I finally got my hands on all the seasons of Mad Men and it hasn't been helping, I WANT TO BUY CLOTHES! Especially Joan's (Christina Hendricks, my favorite) closet.





Drool. I must get myself a pen necklace ASAP. Did I mention how much I love Christina Hendricks? I remember shrieking when I saw her on the cover of GQ almost half a year ago. I will forever remember those photos. The magazine spread they did on her (see what I did there) was beautiful and amazing. She is the epitome of a redhead bombshell.

 This portrait became the inspiration for my photo/logo.



Alright enough drooling. I guess my shopping will have to wait till I get a job. Le sigh.

1 comment: