Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sweet Lychee

As you all know it's Sweet Lychee aka Kristen's blog one year anniversary. She wanted it to be super special so I offered to do her photo shoot. When we first started talking about it, she was actually afraid and didn't think that she would be comfortable because of a bad previous experience but I reassured her it would be okay because she's my friend after all.

The day finally came and although our plans to take photos at Hotel Renew had changed, we made the best of it. I honestly couldn't really think of a concept because Kristen had wanted cupcakes in the photos and Hotel Renew is very modern. I had already decided that we would take photos at my house just because my mom has a lot of Victorian furniture and crazy decor. 

Kristen came over with all these sugary yummy treats and I began to set up where I wanted to take her photos. She had two dresses, one was black and the other one was hot pink. We later on decided that it was best that she didn't change clothes otherwise the colors would've conflicted with each other. The makeup artist didn't work out either but that was no problem. I mean, I'm no MAC makeup artist but I whipped something up. DIY till I die.

We stuck with classic jewelry, nothing too crazy or overpowering.


I decided to go with the whole vintage color processing, very modern Marie Antoinette (or Asian Barbie as Kristen kept calling herself) to go with the Victorian furniture. 

I really forgot how difficult and tedious it was to individually edit photos in Photoshop. Out of 200something photos, only 23 appealed to me (damn being a perfectionist!) Up until this point I have been only shooting events and editing them in bulk in Lightroom. I do feel more accomplished about an edited image in Photoshop because more work went into it. 

This was the last photo shoot I shot with my Canon EOS 20D :( I'll probably blog about it in the next post.

Here are some of my favorites from the photo shoot:









For the whole album, click here

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Riana for the photo shoot & the blog post <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need more stickers on your laptop!

    ReplyDelete