Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I don't know how many times I cussed out my monitor...

It all started when I took Natalie Lewis' Web Design & Interface class (or at least that's what I thought it was named). I barely paid attention in class but I got by because I knew my way around  html & style sheets (thank you Asian Avenue!). What I loved about this class is that the final project was to build an actual website from scratch.

It was horrific. Yeah sure, I know a little bit but building it from scratch? Holy shit. I spent hours, days, working on this website (thanks procrastination) and I actually pulled it together last minute, just in time. 

I remember the day of the presentation, I was super nervous and we were supposed to "dress professional." The whole time I was thinking, "Aloha shirt, can?" but I ended up dressing very Audrey Hepburn-esque with skinny black pants and a white button down shirt with flats. Nicole and Thomas said I looked like a waitress from Bravo's.

Luckily, I got an A on it :) my teacher and my class gave me positive feedback when I presented it in class. Here's what the original website was going to be. 

I mean sure, as far as the other tabs go it's different, but it was the easiest way to present my photos, videos, etc. I kind of like how the navigation bar is on the bottom for the photos & videos pages, makes people stay on the toes but I can see how people may view it as inconsistent. I'll try to figure it out but for now, this is how it's going to be. I knew I would need the template that I built sometime in the future and now here it is.


Last night I started reorganizing my Flickr because my website refers to it a lot. Ohhh gosh, still lots of work to do. For now I'm still looking for a good template to present my graphics and print page. I was thinking of using issuu for the print part but I'd have to wait till I got back to school to get the PDF's. If anyone knows of anymore please let me know!

On another great note, I finally finished my final project for one of my classes from a year ago (procrastination at its finest). Our class was focused on making a publication. My whole idea was to make a local magazine that kind of played off from Sassy/G magazine back in middle school, except it was for adults. We had to make a legit business plan and everything. My project was called PANTY/BVDZ, one side would be for girls, the other would be for guys. Maybe later in the future I'll upload it so people can flip through it. It's funny, making the guys' magazine was a lot more fun to do than the girls'.

This is an actual magazine, it's a project. It won't actually be sold in stores (maybe in the future where the appropriate credits will go out)

Front of PANTY/BVDZ


 Inside BVDZ (Courtesy of Thomas Ohhh)

BVDZ

 Inside PANTY (Thanks to Amanda for the pics)

Inside PANTY

Those are just a couple of images from the magazine. I gave credit to the people I know the images came from but other than that I was just dropping photos.

I'm glad it's done and I fill like this gray cloud that's been hovering over me has finally cleared up. Even better I got an A- on it :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl!
    Great blog! Haven't seen you in forever! Glad to see you're doing your own thing and having a blast! Miss ya.
    -Maricor

    ReplyDelete