Monday, June 20, 2011

Come play in the sandbox

I used to go to Once-A-Month Punk religiously and then school started back up :( Luckily, I actually got to go to this past Saturday's show (just in time for OAMP's 21st birthday) and it had a great set list with The Why Nots, The Substitoots, False Crack, Sketchy, and PIMPBOT. I was mostly excited to see PIMPBOT because every time they played OAMP, it was like fuckin' 3AM in the morning and I usually went home before then.






After awhile, I just gave up trying to take photos because the pit was getting ridiculous. I ended up handing my camera to a trustworthy friend and joining everyone else. I haven't been in a mosh pit in awhile so it was pretty liberating. I think there were only two girls (including me) that were in it amongst all the testosterone. There were a couple of times I couldn't breathe because it was super intense and I'm really out of shape (trust me, I rarely exercise). By the end of the night, my feet were throbbing (I always wear flats, bumbai I learn) and my arms were exhausted. It was a really fun show and PIMPBOT was so energetic! Fern & Nic really get the crowd all excited and shit. They really inspired me to dance and skank. I felt like a rude girl all over again and it was wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment