Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day & Food Porn

I know this is post might be irrelevant but I figured this blog would show how my photography has progressed over the summer.

I usually don't do portrait or even food porn photography but it is something I would like to practice more.

For Mother's Day, my cousins invited my mom (which I will address her as Mutha Vicky from this point on) and my aunty to the Monarch Room in the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. It was a HUGE buffet with too much food. I seriously couldn't focus, there were all types of food there: dim sum, Eggs Benedict, shrimp, lobster, cheese, waffles, and the list goes on.

Here are some of the photos I took:

Shrimp with cocktail sauce, ebi nigiri

Belgian waffle with berry sauce and cheap-ass sprayed whip cream

Mutha Vicky who doesn't know how to smile and aunty

The cheese & dried fruit table

Ahi nigiri

Diabetes in food form

Cheesecake pops

I'll probably review it on Yelp later. Overall it was good. I didn't eat too much because I wanted to pace myself but because Mutha Vicky and I arrived there late, we couldn't really enjoy everything. I will say their coffee is really good and their bacon is crispy.

I actually really like taking photos of food. My favorite place to take photos of desserts is at La Tour Cafe. 

Matcha macarons/macaroons

Alright enough food porn. Now to wait for my co-workers to pick me up for my "belated birthday party." They were pretending to keep it a secret? I don't know, I work with weird people. Also, we're going to karaoke and I don't particularly like karaoke-ing. Unless I'm inebriated...then that's a different story.

2 comments: