Sunday
I don't know if you can see but that's my co-worker's ass in the air.
This night was pretty fucking funny. My co-workers threw me a belated birthday "surprise" party at GS Studios in Waikiki. Parking was brutal, it was like...$10 but the shitty part was that you can't drink alcoholic beverages in the room with people who are under 21 (that's standard though). But as you can see, that wasn't a problem for us. GS Studios has a really nice selection of songs from Tool to Lily Allen. My faves. My co-workers got me presents which included an ultimate edition DVD of Harry Potter (thanks Leland <3), F21 gift card, earrings, and a dildo (thanks Jordan <3). All in all, it was a great celebration and bonding experience with my co-workers. I think it's safe to say that they're my friends now haha.
Monday
Wulfenite & tourmaline
Kristen of Sweet Lychee Productions called me up to hang out and it turned out to be one of the longest girldates we've been on in our friendship (I'm not complaining!). We decided to go to Waikiki and check out this kiosk that specialized in customized rock/stone/dakine bracelets. Awhile ago, I wasn't exactly in the greatest place and my cousin bought me these rocks to kind of help me. There's a belief that certain stones have powers. At the time I didn't really believe it because I was super pessimistic about everything but it's weird because I've noticed some major changes ever since I got them. Wulfenite is supposed to be a stone for encouraging one's personal & spiritual growth. It's meant to be more for strength. Tourmaline attracts money (WHICH I NEED), prosperity, abundance, and success. It promotes compassion, patience, and protects against negative influences. I got these stones at Sedona. Anyway, Kristen and I went to the kiosk called Malulani. We spent a half an hour picking out stones for our bracelets. All I remember is getting Tiger's Eye, which is meant for concentration and self-discipline (WHICH I NEED). I'm pretty sure Kristen and I got Rose Quartz for love and healing. If you didn't know, I haven't gone back to work in awhile due to family issues but for some reason, I was able to survive without having an income. Money kept turning up and I was able to sell some of my lenses... coincidence? Lots of positive things have been happening as far as my career goes, I passed spring semester, I managed to finish most of my projects, and just last night my editing project was showcased (I'll go into that later in this post.) It's pretty freaky shit.
So Kristen and I walked around, went to F21 and then to Sephora. The workers there are really friendly and helpful, and the store wasn't crazy crowded. By far my favorite Sephora. Up until that point, I was using MAC's Studio Fix pressed powder and I didn't realize how old it was (had it since high school senior year!). It was pretty much making my skin break out and I got scoldings from the Sephora worker haha. She put on Clinique's pressed powder for me and I was actually satisfied with the finished look. I didn't look super powdery and my skin looked a lot healthier. So of course I bought it. Fuck I'm not even in a place to be buying shit like that haha.
While walking back to the car, Kristen and I noticed this really nice, modern-looking hotel called Hotel Renew. We had to use the bathroom and after finally building up the courage to walk in, we were amazed by how beautiful it was. Even the bathroom was hella nice. Kristen had this awesome idea of asking them if we could use their hotel for our photo shoot for her blog's one-year anniversary and we got the okay! Cheehee.
All in all, Monday was a very productive day.
Wednesday
On Wednesday, it was a bunch of my friends' graduation at HPU. The person I was going for, most importantly, was my babygirl/best friend/best bitch Ninni Nikki. I seriously felt so proud of her and how far she's come (teehee). She graduated Summa Cum Laude (in true Nicole fashion) and of course she was texting me the whole time about how hungry she was during the ceremony. I'm lucky that she's still gonna be here doing her master's at HPU. I would be insane if she wasn't around. This girl keeps me in check, not only in school but with my personal life. She is one of the most talented girls I've ever met and I've never seen someone work so hard before. I love you babygirl! Congratulations I'm so proud of you! :)
Thursday
I had an internship interview and I was pretty nervous about it because it was my first one...ever. Unfortunately I wasn't hired and for maybe an hour I was trying to figure out why. I began to look at myself pretty negatively since it was such disappointing news but after talking to some of my best friends, I realized that I had to get up and move on. I really dislike how Hawaii is very limited in ways like this but I have to work with what I have. Just do it right?
To cheer me up, I attended Gums' event "Affront The Who" at 4Play. It was refreshing going into a different music scene. It really helps expand my range with my photography. Here are a couple of photos. Click here for the rest of the album
Friday
Went to the beach with babygirl Ninni. It actually felt like summer for the first time ever since I got out of school. The water felt awesome and I'm hoping I can hit the beach more this summer. We finished out beach day with a plate of Blazin' Steaks, which apparently is Blazin' Steak (I have no idea why). It was a nice finish to great beach day. After that, went home to rest up before the next event.
Bone's Got Rice Show celebrated their 4 year anniversary of Hiphop at The Trops. Bone is definitely plays a huge role in Hawaii's hip-hop scene. He's always pushing for shows and showcasing local talent. He's always hooked it up with everyone. Much mahalos goes to this guy!
This was the most crowded and intense Hiphop at the Trops. I was feeling pretty good due to alcohol (haha) and ended up having a really great time. It amazes me how pumped the audience can get and I just wish that it was always like that at shows. Everyone went crazy for Ill Hill Society throwing those / \ hills up. There was another group with a girl rapper and Omega Cix...I don't remember the name but hopefully they'll be playing more shows. They were amazing. There was also a guy dressed up in a referee outfit beat boxing DUBSTEP. How the fuck? But apparently it's possible! Got lots of shout outs from the artists and of course I blushed like crazy. So not used to that.
Click here for the rest of the photos
Saturday
So most of you know babyboy Thomas Ohhh and I collaborated with one of Hawaii's finest rappers, K-LUV for his video, "Nothing." We filmed it maybe a month ago and I edited it this week just in time for its premier. Thomas & I had never done a music video before so we were pretty skeptical at first but we decided to just do it. K-LUV was very understanding and patient with us. He was the perfect client and we couldn't have asked for more. I was really scrambling because I downloaded a program I had never used before, Sony Vegas and I pretty much had to learn that software within a day. It was really frustrating exporting it and all but I'm happy that K-LUV was more than satisfied with the final product. We played the video twice at the Manifest and it was really nerve-racking that a bunch of people were watching it (there was a shit ton of people!). I was very happy last night especially because everyone kept congratulating us and I've heard nothing but positive things about the video. That music video is truly my baby.
Click here for the rest of the photos!
So Kristen and I walked around, went to F21 and then to Sephora. The workers there are really friendly and helpful, and the store wasn't crazy crowded. By far my favorite Sephora. Up until that point, I was using MAC's Studio Fix pressed powder and I didn't realize how old it was (had it since high school senior year!). It was pretty much making my skin break out and I got scoldings from the Sephora worker haha. She put on Clinique's pressed powder for me and I was actually satisfied with the finished look. I didn't look super powdery and my skin looked a lot healthier. So of course I bought it. Fuck I'm not even in a place to be buying shit like that haha.
While walking back to the car, Kristen and I noticed this really nice, modern-looking hotel called Hotel Renew. We had to use the bathroom and after finally building up the courage to walk in, we were amazed by how beautiful it was. Even the bathroom was hella nice. Kristen had this awesome idea of asking them if we could use their hotel for our photo shoot for her blog's one-year anniversary and we got the okay! Cheehee.
All in all, Monday was a very productive day.
Wednesday
Thomas Ohhh & I walking to Waikiki Shell
Babygirl & I <3
Thursday
I had an internship interview and I was pretty nervous about it because it was my first one...ever. Unfortunately I wasn't hired and for maybe an hour I was trying to figure out why. I began to look at myself pretty negatively since it was such disappointing news but after talking to some of my best friends, I realized that I had to get up and move on. I really dislike how Hawaii is very limited in ways like this but I have to work with what I have. Just do it right?
To cheer me up, I attended Gums' event "Affront The Who" at 4Play. It was refreshing going into a different music scene. It really helps expand my range with my photography. Here are a couple of photos. Click here for the rest of the album
Friday
Went to the beach with babygirl Ninni. It actually felt like summer for the first time ever since I got out of school. The water felt awesome and I'm hoping I can hit the beach more this summer. We finished out beach day with a plate of Blazin' Steaks, which apparently is Blazin' Steak (I have no idea why). It was a nice finish to great beach day. After that, went home to rest up before the next event.
Bone's Got Rice Show celebrated their 4 year anniversary of Hiphop at The Trops. Bone is definitely plays a huge role in Hawaii's hip-hop scene. He's always pushing for shows and showcasing local talent. He's always hooked it up with everyone. Much mahalos goes to this guy!
This was the most crowded and intense Hiphop at the Trops. I was feeling pretty good due to alcohol (haha) and ended up having a really great time. It amazes me how pumped the audience can get and I just wish that it was always like that at shows. Everyone went crazy for Ill Hill Society throwing those / \ hills up. There was another group with a girl rapper and Omega Cix...I don't remember the name but hopefully they'll be playing more shows. They were amazing. There was also a guy dressed up in a referee outfit beat boxing DUBSTEP. How the fuck? But apparently it's possible! Got lots of shout outs from the artists and of course I blushed like crazy. So not used to that.
Click here for the rest of the photos
Saturday
Photo courtesy of Honozooloo
So most of you know babyboy Thomas Ohhh and I collaborated with one of Hawaii's finest rappers, K-LUV for his video, "Nothing." We filmed it maybe a month ago and I edited it this week just in time for its premier. Thomas & I had never done a music video before so we were pretty skeptical at first but we decided to just do it. K-LUV was very understanding and patient with us. He was the perfect client and we couldn't have asked for more. I was really scrambling because I downloaded a program I had never used before, Sony Vegas and I pretty much had to learn that software within a day. It was really frustrating exporting it and all but I'm happy that K-LUV was more than satisfied with the final product. We played the video twice at the Manifest and it was really nerve-racking that a bunch of people were watching it (there was a shit ton of people!). I was very happy last night especially because everyone kept congratulating us and I've heard nothing but positive things about the video. That music video is truly my baby.
Click here for the rest of the photos!





















No comments:
Post a Comment