Broke Mokes
Bambu
Kwalified Emcee
Honozooloo
Prometheus Brown/Geo
Sweet Lychee x RUDIFIED I adore this wonderful person!
Yesterday I got my photo taken by Amanda, a really talented photographer. We've been following each other on Tumblr for awhile but we didn't meet in person till yesterday. We talked so much over dim sum at Happy Garden and then while she was taking my picture. It's strange getting my photo taken. I don't think I'm necessarily comfortable with it because I'm usually the one behind the lens but it was a great experience nonetheless. I didn't even ask to see my photos on her camera because I wanted to be surprised but now I'm ITCHING to see them. She shot photos of me with both digital and film. I think it's safe to say that she has rekindled my flame for film. Maybe in the future I will buy a cheap vintage SLR but for now, the Holga, Lomo and Nishika will have to do.
Speaking of the Nishika, thanks to ThomasOhhh, he was able to fix the 3D camera I found at a thrift store in Wahiawa. We found film in it so I decided to go develop it. I was expecting the worst because of a bad experience I had at my old job (we found a photo in a book someone sold to us of teenagers snorting coke). All I could of was the Sam's Club employees calling up the cops because of the things they saw in the pictures. Luckily, it was nothing that bad. Just a couple of Christmas family portraits and trash. Thomas is borrowing the camera for now but I'm excited to get it back in my hands. He suggested to make a gif out of it and here it is:
Ever since the beginning of this whole year, I've neglected to exercise. I mean the only exercise I get is walking down the stairs to make food, then walking back up the stairs to lie down and sleep. Okay, that's an over exaggeration. Correction, the only time I work out is when I'm taking photos at shows. I suddenly become Miss Fantastic (the whole stretching of the limbs...you know? From Fantastic Four?) to get a great shot. Other than that...no exercise routine at all.
Recently I've become super irritable with the way my body fits my clothes and how (since it's summer) I need to wear shorts and my thighs have suddenly become thunderous or TUNDA THIGHS (is that a word?). So, Monday night, I finally pushed myself out the door and went running around my sex assaulter infested neighborhood. By the time I ran back to my house, I was beyond tired and panting to the point where I put my hands on my head to breathe better. I stumbled into my house and collapsed on my bedroom floor. I like die. This is what I get from eating too much lechon.
I felt really good about myself after though. That's the weird part...it's so hard starting something and I'm so stubborn into actually getting the energy to do it, despite the wonderful feeling I get afterward.
After debating with myself for hours yesterday if I should go running again, I did. This time I took my dog Tojo. I think I wore him out because nobody ever takes him running and he seemed confused because we were going so far away from the house. He took a shit in front of someone's house and I didn't have a bag to pick it up. Whoops. I was thinking if I should run back around and pick it up but I was like...nahhhhh.
I'm hoping I can stick to this routine, at least running every other day or something. We'll see.
On Tuesday night, I hung out with the best friends Nikki & Thomas. It's been difficult trying to find jobs/internships so we kind of have an answer to our problems. It's going to be a big project and I'm really excited about it. We put ourselves in Kissaten to brainstorm and plan. After we planned the general stuff, we decided to reward ourselves with Mai Tai's. Nicole ended up getting three pitchers of beer, the last one, Blue Moon :) and they gave me all the orange slices. I love how I don't even need to ask anymore, they just know. Didn't expect to get inebriated, but it was all very funny. Love these people.
Tonight is gonna be fun. Hanging out with great friends :)







No comments:
Post a Comment