Saturday, May 28, 2011

Eat The Street

ThomasOhhh

Nikki giving dakine shaka

Hawaiian Waffle Dog and Nicole's nasty mouth

The Lightsleepers; never sleep, don't sleep, and won't sleep

 Aaron aka Angst Woes Army of Snipers

Soul Food with Aloha & Spice

Right now I'm trying to convince Aaron to draw me something before he leaves the aina. If you don't know who he is check out Army of Snipers.  He's very talented and is a big deal :) really. Truly inspiring work, he seriously makes me want to pick up a pen and I hate drawing. Also check out The Lightsleepers, dedicated to Hawaii hip-hop roots, culture, art, music, some of the staples that are needed in my life.

Anyway, yesterday I went to Eat The Street with Nicole, David & ThomasOhhh. Eat The Street is an event where food trucks gather and you get to eat food, enjoy entertainment and be merry. It was sunny for the first part and then it started pouring but I guess it cleared up again. All the food smelled really good and we had a difficult time choosing where to eat. I started off with Li-Hing Pineapple Popsicle and then after filming and taking a shit ton of photos, we finally settled at Soul Food With Aloha & Spice. ThomasOhhh and I shared the buttermilk fried chicken with cornbread and coleslaw. It was really good, we wished it was a little bit warmer though. We also had very very sweet tea, which was warm as well :( I would like to try it again though. Overall it was a great experience. We all agreed that it's something to check out in moderation. 

It was one of those days where it really did feel like summer was here.

No comments:

Post a Comment