Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Foodies: A Group Within a Group

We've actually been doing this for awhile but ThomasOhhh, Nikki + David Chow, and I have been discovering, eating, new places and deals all over Oahu. It was only till recently we made it official to create The Foodies, which is basically a way for us to communicate better in terms of where we want to eat, do fun activities, etc. It's not really a big deal, it's really just us being fat asses and this is just a way to better indulge ourselves hahah.

Last week we went to Hickam AFB for their Dollar Wednesdays bowling (click for review). It was really fun, especially cause Thomas & Nicole were kinda buss from drinking too much beer. I wish they made bowling shoes for everyday walking. The steezin' is unbelievable.



Anyway, Nicole said we needed to pay a visit to Aunty Won at Ah-Lang Restaurant (if you click the link it shows COUNTLESS reviews of this great place!) so tonight we finally did.

Chive pancake at its finest. 

 Korean Chopsticks, good luck mastering these fakas.

Specialty Wings 

 

I'll be honest. When we first started coming here, I wasn't a big fan of the chive pancake (which is one of her specialties) but I'll admit, it's growing on me. I went from eating one piece to eating like five pieces today. Very yummy!

After stuffing our faces, we were craving something sweet so we headed to Shokudo, which is famous for their Honey Toast, homemade tofu, and their drinks.

Cookies & Cream Honey Toast

Homemade Tofu

I've always been a salty/sweet kind of person. I don't like anything too spicy and I almost never appreciate anything that's bitter-tasting. Usually after I eat something sweet, I'll crave for something salty after, which is what exactly happened at Shokudo.

After annihilating the Cookies & Cream Honey Toast (no crust for me, thanks) I convinced Nicole to share the homemade tofu with me. Very light, fluffy, guilt-free and delicious. Basically comfort food for me.

It was a great dinner and we were already trying to plan our next Foodie adventure. #fatpeopleproblems.

No comments:

Post a Comment