This time was different. My brother's fiance, Gina (or I like to call GYNA) joined us on this little adventure.
We ended up staying there a couple hours and Mutha Vicky kept making me try this fugly ass shoes, thinking I would like them. Just made realize that she does not know my taste at all. I had a difficult time searching for things cause I actually really hate digging and I'm picky. Mutha Vicky, my aunty and Gyna had a whole cart full after a half an hour. Looking at the racks of clothes just looked fucking exhausting like, great look at all this ugly clothes I have to dig through. I couldn't really even find anything that had potential to be nice.
I decided to take a break from clothes and went to the book section. Now that's what I'm talking about. It's sad to say that I was more excited to see the books than the clothes. I copped one of the older version covers of Stephen King's Pet Sematary and a TIME photojournalism book. After that, I hustled my mom to get out of the store.
Later on, ThomasOhhh picked me up to head to the Lantern Floating Festival at Ala Moana Beach Park. The mall was already crowded and after we grabbed a snack and some coffee from Island Vintage, we headed over there. By the time we got there, thousands of people had already swarmed the park. When it started getting dark, Thomas and I started walking toward the shore so that we could get a good spot to take photos of the lanterns on the water.
Photo by ThomasOhhh
As you can see above, I was in the water (luckily I wore really high shorts) taking photos. I was ahead of a lot of people because of that. Throughout the whole time, I had this huge fear of dropping everything in the water (almost equivalent to standing on top of a really high building afraid to fall).
Definitely was a learning experience. I usually don't do portraits or taking photos of stuff like this but it was such great practice. I love that I am constantly learning new things every day about photography and my camera.
The whole event was very beautiful, if I didn't have my camera in my hands, I probably would've cried. Maybe next year I'll actually get a lantern.
Happy Memorial Day everyone.






No comments:
Post a Comment